Monday, August 14, 2006

15th - Best Birthday Ever

Before I get to talking about what I did over my birthday weekend (at talagang kinuha ang buong weekend), here are the the Monday 3 songs worth listening to:

You Have My Attention by Copeland
Since that first day when you made my heart smile
With loving eyes and tired sighs that follow.


Everything Is Alright by Motion City Soundtrack
I used to rely on self-medication
I guess I still do that from time to time.


You're Gone by Something Corporate
I taper off and say it's never worth the pain
Sometimes it is.




So pretty much the best birthday ever. On my birthday eve, I went to Ratsky in Tomas Morato with Carla for Cueshe's gig. Birthday greetings all around, a little dancing, and the guys performed songs from their 2nd album. Oh, and Ruben sent the entire female population of the bar that night into some sort of teenybopper frenzy when he sang "I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing". After their set, we milled around near the stage taking pictures. Then I was "kidnapped" by Jay into the elevator along with the other guys from the band, and that was followed by milling around outside Ratsky taking more pictures. Carla and I scored another group pic with them. Whoohoo. Group pics with Cueshe are rare, trust me. There's always someone missing. Oh, and I got roses. Hahahaha. And before we went to Ratsky, Carla and I watched 6cyclemind practice songs in Cubao and played delivery girls for the band by bringing them food. The girl at the counter in McD's question, when we ordered five supersized meals, was funny: "Ma'am, sa inyo po ba lahat yan?"

The next day...wheee birthday! Yeah, I didn't really have that kind of reaction on the actual day. I, more or less, woke up kinda groggy and went, "Oh crap. If I ever get arrested, I'll be tried as an adult." I don't even know why I thought that, because I have absolutely no plans of getting arrested. Anyways. My entire afternoon was spent with a friend who shall remain nameless for specific reasons. Without getting into too many details, I'll just say it was an amazing afternoon. Then I met up with Carla and Ritz in Glorietta and we went to K Tuna Grill in QC for the little get-together thingy that Jeman and Carla organized for me. There was cake (courtesy of the lovely Ritz, who got drunk!), lotsa food, lotsa beer, dancing and I got egged by Mike and Sir Myke to keep up with Cueshe's "birthday tradition". To everyone who showed up at the get-together, I love you all for it. Sir Myke, thanks for letting us eat, drink and dance our little hearts away in K Tuna Grill. Jeman and Carla, thanks for organizing the whole thing. I had a fantastic time.

The next day, I went to Greenhills and bought an iPod video with the money that my biological dad sent me for my birthday. Woohoo! I love my iPod. New baby. I'm naming it Boots. Don't ask why. Anyhoo, after Greenhills, I went back to Laguna. Got home, showered, changed and met up with Jhen and the two of us went to Letran, where she studies, for the 6cyclemind and Itchyworms gig. She abandoned me when we got there to look for her friends though. Haha. No worries. Met up with 6cyclemind when we got there and hung out with them instead. Chuck, Rye and Ney's impressions of two guys in other bands (I won't say who) were hilarious. Some of the freshmen were wearing fairy wings for some theme and whatnot, and Ney and Tutti borrowed the wings and performed wearing them, which I'm sure the crowd loved.

Anyways, there are a lot more pictures, but I'm too lazy to post them on here, go check out my Livejournal or Multiply if you want to see them. Or Carla's blog. Hahaha.

Must shower and change now. Toodles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home