Friday, August 04, 2006

9th - Bands & Moments

Okay, last night kicked so much ass.

Carla and I decided (spontaneously) to go to the Sony BMG event at Hard Rock Cafe. The bands that performed were Craeons, Pupil, Callalily, 6 Cycle Mind, Mano-Mano and Cueshe. Chuck met Carla & me outside the entrance of Hard Rock and we didn't have to pay an entrance fee and got to hang out in the band room where all the bands were (duh) which was pretty much AWESOME. Major kudos to Chuck. GO JACK! Ay...Carlos pala. Not only did he take care of Carla and me the entire time we were with him (he even got food for us wheee!) but he kept us entertained plentiful with his whacked-out jokes and hilarious impressions. Plus introduced us to a few of the guys from other bands, like Kean and Alden of Callalily. By the way, I now have the biggest crush on Kean. Mwahahaha! And my OTHER crush (and the word "crush" makes me feel like I'm in the 5th grade but oh well) Ely Buendia is...wafu. Hahaha. Everytime he walked by us, Carla & I would just stop and stare like idiots. The tulala effect. And Kean has the mala-Ruben effect on us, especially when we got our pictures taken with him. I wanted a picture with Ely Buendia too but the tulala effect got in the way. Bah humbug!

Callalily's performance was good. Last night was the 3rd time I've seen them perform live. Thoroughly enjoyed 6 Cycle Mind's set as Carla and I spent almost the entire time singing along and dancing (which Mike had to see, of course, hahaha!) And even though we have seen them a million times, we still had a grand ol' time watching Cueshe perform. Hey, I've missed watching them and making kulitan with them. We practically lunged ourselves at Fritz when we saw him walk into the band room and, for some reason, Jovan found it fun to keep slapping my knee and grinning like a little boy. And Jay's "Chicken Little" dance was cute. "Jay, I like your hair. Very Chicken Little."

When everyone was about to go home, Carla had her greatest "moment". It was of epic proportions, I swear. And I witnessed it! After I saw it, I was speechless for about 2 seconds...and then wondered if I should say or do anything because I didn't want to ruin the whole thing. But I couldn't take it anymore and let out a very happy, "OH MY GOD! I SAW THAT! I SAW THAT! FINALLY! IT FINALLY HAPPENED!" Of course, my previous "dare" was brought up...but that's okay, because I got a moment too. Pero mas kinikilig parin ako sa moment ni Carla. Parang wala lang ang moment ko eh, ilang beses na nangyari dati mwahaha! It still brought the butterflies though, because he had the cutest smile on his face when I grabbed his hand.

Okay, now for the pictures. There weren't a lot. Drinking and taking pictures like crazy were the 2 things that Carla & I usually do at gigs, but didn't do much of last night (except there was no drinking at all...SHOCKER!)



With Alden.


Drummer boy! "He's like a teddy bear."


With Kean. HOT.


Carlos/Jack/Chuck never has a straight face in pictures.


Despite what my expression may suggest, I was having a blast. Loves the "Cueshe" thing behind me.


Carla & me. She is my favourite person in this country. No joke.

I love live music. It makes me feel about 1239128312 times better.

5 Comments:

At August 4, 2006 at 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww no ruben pictures =(
madaya kayo, nde ako witness sa moment!

 
At August 4, 2006 at 11:46 PM, Blogger iyaiyayow said...

the ely buendia effect.

putaragis. sa kanya lang ako na-starstuck.

mabuhay ang mga moments! kunga no mang moments yan!

 
At August 5, 2006 at 6:08 PM, Blogger Michaela said...

elle: ikaw kase eh. paalis alis pa ng philippines, pwede naman mag stay! :P

iya: nakakatulala talaga ang presence ni ely. grabe.

moments are the best!

 
At August 5, 2006 at 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey miki! looks like you had uber fun :D i love you!

nicole

 
At August 7, 2006 at 6:14 PM, Blogger 29_bullets said...

miki: oh yeah, you witnessed it - at least may witness ako...my moment...surreal.

i love kean too but i think he's too young for me so go for it! mwahaha! i'll just be buddies with him and alden

and i really love chuck!

elle: di bale elle, next time pag punta mo dito gagawa ulet ako ng moment for you! hahaa!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home