Sunday, September 03, 2006

25th - Cursed Objectives

Carla and I were kindly given tickets to the Penshoppe Denimlab Rockfest by Darwin, 6cyclemind and Callalily's manager. It was held at the Araneta Coliseum on September 1. So that's where we were Friday night. And I'm pretty sure the damn thing was cursed, because Ney fell into a hole onstage, hit his head and was taken to the hospital after they performed. Then, while we were at the hospital, Chuck told Carla and me that Heart Evangelista had slipped twice on the runway. About fifteen minutes after he told us that, a van pulls up and Heart Evangelista is rushed to the ER in a wheelchair with what looks like a twisted ankle. As I said to Carla and Chuck, "This is an experience. The very first time I saw Jericho Rosales and Heart Evangelista in person was in a hospital." I gotta say that Heart is very, very pretty even when she looks like she's about to start crying and Jericho is so very wafu. Aw. Favourite celebrity couple in Philippines! Hahaha.

Anyhoodles. Ney was released the same night, smiling as he walked out of the hospital. Aww. Whatta trooper. Cute!

About the actual Rockfest thing...well, Carla and I managed to watch performances from Pedicab, Imago, 6cyclemind, Juana, Callalily, Hale, Sandwich, and Protein Shake. I know I'm forgotting a few more bands, but oh well. Didn't stay long enough to catch Spongecola. Left just as Sugarfree were starting. I adore Imago's "Tara Lets" (song namin ni Carla mwahaha!) and I always end up dancing to Sandwich's "Sugod". Such a fun song, especially live. The way Sandwich handled the crowd was amazing. Hale was a disappointment. Sad, but true. Gwapo nga si Champ pero pumipiyok talaga at sintonado. I'd still go see Hale live, but not to witness Champ's less-than-stellar vocal abilities but just to stare at him because he's oh-so-very pretty. So point proven na pagdating sa live performances, winner ang Cueshe. Hahaha. It's bad to compare, but I can't help it.

Since I am broke and actually extremely tired, I stayed at home all day the next day and did the following: eat, sleep, text, download songs, surf the Internet and watch Smallville. How productive, right? I know, I know. Loves it.

Can't afford to be distracted this coming week. Don't have the time, and frankly, I'm sick of being distracted. Like I said a few entries back, it hurts to miss someone to the extent that I miss him. But I can't keep letting it make me lose my focus. I don't think keeping myself busy will make the missing him thing stop, but it will help me take my mind off it for a little while. Which is what I need. And another thing I need is to learn to be objective. If things don't work out, I have to be objective in order to keep some of the things I love dearly in my life. It will hurt, but then again, love always does.

2 Comments:

At September 4, 2006 at 3:17 PM, Blogger 29_bullets said...

SUGOD MGA KAPATID! - i think ney kinda did that, ayan tuloy nalaglag sa butas....wawa! i still can't believe that we missed that - just because you want to eat corn! hehe!!

 
At June 11, 2007 at 7:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi this is very funny im heart was surfing the net and saw your blog...thanks yeah was an experience too for us!anyway godbless!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home