Wednesday, February 27, 2008

87th - Contemplation

Have been contemplating several things the past few days. I miss having time for myself, for my friends, for the things that I used to enjoy doing. Because ever since I've started work, I haven't had time for anything else...besides sleeping to get my energy back. And my job? Wicked stressful. It doesn't seem like it at first, but it's one of those things that you actually have to go through to get how much it beats the crap out of you, physically and emotionally. The most exhausting part about it is the constant smiling and pretending you're still fine and dandy and bubbly even if you're the exact opposite, and you're so tired you just want to lie down ANYWHERE and sleep. And resisting the urge to smack the wits out of stupid customers, especially those who think it's a-okay to take their anger out on some random stranger over a stupid cup of coffee.

And then there's the having to deal with people who work with you who aren't that...awesome. It just makes the things that are already bad a whole lot worse.

Although don't get me wrong. I still love my job, and there are times that I get reminded why I love it. I've just been contemplating. Nothing is set in stone.

In other news...I am loving Urbandub's "Evidence". Joko and Carla definitely know why. Haha. The three of us went to UP Fair a couple of weeks ago in the hopes of catching Urbandub perform and we waited and waited and kept telling ourselves that they were the next band onstage...but alas, we had to go home and still no Urbandub. :( I think they were the last band to perform. Rarrr. We all had work the next day, so we were all kinda lame and couldn't stay very late. Hehehe. UP Fair was an awesome time though. Yehey for perya games (and being absolutely terrible at them) and tarot cards that are scary accurate.

Am also loving "Love Song" by Sara Bareilles, thanks to Joko.

I learned the hard way
That they all say things you want to hear.
My heavy heart sinks deep down under you
And your twisted words, your help just hurts.
You are not what I thought you were.
Hello to high and dry.


I gotta scoot. Toodles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home